Are we glad 2016 is over? Basically. Many sad things happened, but there were good things, too. Loads, actually.
I know I haven’t been here as much as I should, but school’s been busy and sometimes I need to waste my time and not do anything, you know? I’d like to look back at 2016 and write it all down; the good and the bad. I’d like to share it with you.
First, let’s wrap December up.
I hauled a total of 6 books, as you can see above. Harry Potter always makes me weak in the knees, I mean, look at the old covers. They’re absolutely gorgeous. When I grow up I want to have every edition. That’s like a goal when I win the lottery. As if. But still, it’s a nice thought.
However, I read a total of 4 books this month. After months of reading practically nothing, I’m quite content with that. I’ll post the reviews as soon as possible.
If 2016 were a lottery ticket, I’d never win
Okay, we all know 2016 was a mess. We lost lots of great people and I’m still sad about that, but 2016 was also a good year for me. Above you see me, pictured with the best book of 2016. I mean, have you read it??? It literally ripped my heart out and walked all over it and I was happy about it? Who would’ve thought.
- The book community made me start a book blog and a bookstagram and it was the best decision. I got to know so many people and got to explore so many new books I probably would never have read. In fact, I even befriended some people and am meeting one next week.
- I hauled 59(?!) books this year. Can you even imagine? I literally keep unhauling books, because there’s just no space left and I don’t want to throw my DVD collection out. It’s funny, because my parents just shake their heads whenever I buy new books. I wouldn’t have done this if I hadn’t started a book blog and bookstagram. They made me do it. I swear.
- High school officially ended. Which is great. Took me some time. Started from the bottom, now we here. I got my diploma this year and started university in the fall and I’m quite enjoying it. It’s a lot of work, but it keeps me off the streets, haha. I’m glad that time is over and that I can learn other things now.
- Read 50 books this year. This is like such an accomplishment! I’m so proud about this one, because I’ve had so many reading slumps and don’t read that fast. But still, I’m so happy. There were so many good books this year and I wish I could’ve read more. I just have to surpass it next year.
- Had a job. I did??! I actually worked on an island last summer and it was great. It was such a big step for me, but I did it anyway. I quite enjoyed being away from home, being on my own, exploring a different area. Here’s to doing that again in 2017.
- Went to London. This was my first trip ever to the UK and it’s been so great. I visited the Harry Potter studio’s and Waterstones and the British Museum. Gah, I want to go back. I’d love to visit London again.
I’m sure I forgot a lot, as usual, but this was definitely my 2016 in a summary. Here’s to 2017! Wishing you a very happy, loved and wonderful 2017. I hope it’ll be a good one. See you next year! 🙂
How was yours? How many books did you read this year?