I’m going to confess that this will be a difficult topic, since I usually read quite a lot. Nevertheless, there are things I do not like, and I am going to list them for you.
This Top Ten Tuesday is also brought to you with gifs, because gifs are everything.
(Just now realized this was last weeks topic. No hard feelings.)
- Zombies. I just don’t like it. I’ve never liked it. To be honest, I’m kind of afraid…
- Instalove. This is a tricky one, since I do read books with instalove, but this usually means I don’t know about it. But yeah, it’s surreal. It’s not realistic and that’s why I don’t like it.
- Horror/thriller. I am such a pussy when it comes to horror/thriller books. Seriously. I don’t even watch horror/thriller movies, because that means I won’t sleep for the next three months. Horror/thriller is a no go for me. I like sleep. I want to keep it that way.
- Aliens. I am so sorry. I’ve never been into aliens and I don’t really like it.
- Christian books. I hope I don’t hurt people’s feelings with this, because I absolutely don’t want that. It just isn’t my cup of tea.
- Bad grammar. Don’t you just hate it when that happens?
- ‘The new…’ I get it. But you can never replace Harry Potter or renew it. Whenever I read this on the backside of a book, I think: “Alright, that’s nice, but why?” I mean, it’s great you do that, but it could never be Twilight or Harry Potter, since those are stories on their own.
- Love triangle.
- Super arrogant characters. Okay, buddy. Take it ten steps back and don’t return. I just get so frustrated with super arrogant characters.
What’s a no go for you?